8.64 mi, 1:06:24, 7:41 min/mi
- Nailed it! Goal was 8 mi @ 8 min/mi…I’m 4 for 4 on my training runs this week…which I consider my most important training week for my marathon in just under 4 weeks.
- 170 bpm avg but felt great…breathing was always under control and didn’t feel super hard… it only became more pronounced during the small climbs. And, instead of “recovering” after the climbs, I kept the effort consistent which got me around mid-to-low 7 pace
- I’m starting to find my niche again in running…ironically, it’s got some Pliska in it…but feels good and natural to me… and more important, efficient. It’s got some bounce in it and the strikes seem very hard but it works. I imagine my cadence is right around upper 160.
- All I could think about was sub-8… nothing else entered my mind. And, every time my watched clicked off a sub-8 mile, it just fed me to keep it up. I wasn’t sure how I would fair with the hills that have historically kicked my ass since changing jobs here… but today, I owned them. There were only two times that I held a low-8 pace but it didn’t last long… I just switched back to my stride
- I thought about experimenting (with my stride), specifically, lengthening my stride whilst still striking under my center… but I ditched that… everything was working today.
- Nice and cool…57 when I left, and 68 now. Stiff breeze at the 4 mi mark and kept on me for the duration…I imagine it was 5-10 mph headwind…which didn’t help my uphill efforts
- Lots of runners out today… at least 6 by my count
- Saw a snake on the bridge again… this one was a baby one though and it uncurled after I passed it. Cute.
- Chaffed nips…no bueno… I can still feel them. Maybe I’ll be hunched over for the rest of the day 🙂
Up Next: 10 mi on Saturday, 8 min/mi