10.03 mi, 1:19:28, 7:55 min/mi
- Piece of cake run…this felt nice and easy. 160 bpm avg. with a kick towards the end (~6:30 min/mi effort)
- But then again, it was so cool out…it’s now 50 min after my run and it’s 57F, so probably low 50’s
- The hills that I used to really be mindful about in my Reunion neighborhood no longer affect me…I mean they’re still harder, but it seems my cadence and pace stay relatively constant with just a bit of additional effort.
- Play a game called “Don’t Suck at Pacing”… tried to keep every split even or negative…only lost one round (7th split) in 10 rounds and only by 1 second. Used my “speed” page on my Garmin that shows my ‘Current Lap Pace’… and would typically switch to this page with 1/4 mile left on the split…which allowed me to tune my pace…worked relatively well. I did try to keep all my splits even.
- These upper 7 paces are starting to really feel good. My stride feels really good, and I don’t even feel like I’m pushing off any more than I used to…I feel like my legs are stronger with simply more forward velocity per push…feels nice.
- Breathing was very good!
Up Next: 20 mi @ 8:15 tomorrow…let’s nail this one…this is the big momma of my marathon training