2011 Runnin’ of the Green
4.35 mi, 32:03 time, 173 bpm
76/621 32M Division
- Splits – 7:21, 7:41, 7:12, 7:20
- Pretty much ran this race as I expected I would. I ran the first couple as conservatively as I could…letting people go and getting my fair share of passes
- Felt very strong with 0.5 miles left and kicked it to the finish after the final corner
- Goal was 32 min.. pretty much on the dot with some gas left in the tank. I’m running about 12-13 lbs overweight here
- Course had a lot of hills and attacked them smartly…and I think efficiently. Starting to get strong with hills.
- Pre-race nutrition: Half a bagel, half of a short cup of Starbucks coffee, some water
- Definitely a fun run. Ran with friends, Amanda, Faraz, Jason, Mikey, Amy with the usual supporting cast of Amy, Craig, etc.
5 mi, 43:06 time, 159 bpm, -splits
Strong run…good setup for today’s run. HR was on the money this time.
24 mi…not too many runs in this week.