7.96 total mi
- Great workout for me and really proud of myself for pulling it together for this important week
- Held upper 6:30’s for most of the intervals, breathing was excellent, effort felt efficient…I felt light today
- With the way this felt, I think I can pull a sub-20 5K… “think” being the key word
- The warmup and cooldown distances are longer than what I was used to and more technical than a simple 4+ laps around a track… but I think I’ll benefit from them… kind of a stepping stone to putting more mileage into my runs
- Middle-schoolers were out today… track was empty when I got there but they came out of nowhere when I started my first lap.
- Hit the wrong button after completing the first interval and hit the Start/Stop button instead of the Lap button…ugh… but I saw that I did 8:17 for that one… it was easy enough to spot on the graphs too.
- Wow, my HR didn’t even go past 175 bpm….wow!
- To the weather’s credit, it was really really nice out today… very cool breeze and the sun was never a factor.
Up next: 7 mi, 8:45 min/mi, base run