10.29 mi, 1:40:15, 9:44 min/mi
- Did some trail running in Cherry Creek…no map, no clue… just went for it. Got lost a little bit but it was nice running in the trees
- Felt good for the most part but the heat took it’s toll on me, eventually…felt really ill when I got back to work
- Ran into another runner named Jeff…actually, caught up to him and we ran for a bit together. Nice fella.
- I wanted to do 12 mi to make up for yesterday’s DNR but 10 mi will do… I think doing this run probably saved my marathon…I feel like I’m jjuuuuussst there with my base… even though this run sucked… I feel better about it already.
- Now, having said “I feel better” about this run.. I actually had to stop a few seconds in the shade… man it was hot.
- I actually stopped quite a few times to look at some posted signs that turned out to “not be” maps…plus all the traffic… so I imagine my moving pace may just be right at 9 min/mi.
4.17 mi, 33:48, 8:06 min/mi
- Goal was 5 mi tempo but I miscalculated my (new) route
- Hot, hot, hot
- Started out too fast…I need to take care of the rolling hills around here… they’re killing me
- Hit 181 HR, and that’s when I said ‘enough’ before I croak on the side of the road… took it easy on the way back but settled into a low 6 for the remaining minute
- Did I mention it was hot?
7.22 mi, 1:02:45, 8:41 min/mi
- First Cherry Creek run… and it was a beauty; nice overcast day, cool breeze
- Printed a map…glad I did… I would’ve second guessed myself of when to turn into the park
- Felt good but HR was a bit higher than I would’ve expected
- I was surprised… only about 5% of the entire run was on dirt… everything else was paved.
- Put some kick towards the end
BTW, there’s been some evac’s in Boulder due to some fire. I just heard that Dave has not logged in and is not at work, so I hope he hasn’t been evacutated. Good luck, Dave!